Sunday, August 16, 2009

8/10-8/12 part 3

Day 3:

So it was freaking hot in the sleeping bag. I decided that the mosquitos can go die in a hole and that I need to have my skin come in contact with cold air. So, of course, I wake up with like a gajillion mosquito bites. Well, not that many. More like 30.

So I woke up with bug bites, a sore body, blue toe, and fatty blisters the size of my pinky. What a great day!

I think Victor wanted me to go faster, so he was like, here let me just take your stuff. Although I don't think I would have gone any slower with that pack, I definitely got the message. But, even though my mind said go, my feet felt like, like, I don't even know how to describe it. It's like eating a habanero pepper, but transfer the feeling to your toe. Like, for guys I guess, being hit in the nuts every time you walked downhill (but I wouldn't know what it feels like because I'm not a guy! Actually one time someone hit me in the groin area, like my ovaries or something, and it hurt like a MOTHER.).

The first part of the hike was uphill, so I got to go faster because my two friends (NOT my boobs. my feet you perv.) weren't crying out in pain. However, when the downhill terrain started, I was in for a HARD time (WOW. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. go wash your mind out with soap.) It was nice, though, that Victor always walked behind me even though I was really slow. I remember this one time Victor and I passed by Andy, and Victor told Andy to step it up because Ashley has blisters and the moleskin didn't work. I think his words helped both Andy and me-Andy ended up being first to the beach, and I walked faster. yay for manning up!

We finally reached the big creek/stream thing, marking the halfway point. The rest of the trip would be on flat road. I was in so much pain that I decided I would go barefoot. At first, there was a part of me that said, "Ashley that is the stupidest idea I have ever heard. Just because you read it in a book does NOT mean that you can apply it to life. For example, you read Harry Potter, but you can't go to Hogwarts dummy!" But I did it anyways, and, for a small part of the hike, it worked! Well, until there were sharp rocks and horse poop. Then I switched to John's flip flops.

We were pretty close to finishing when we realized that Sam and Larry had fallen behind-not like 5 minutes behind, but like someone got eaten by a bear behind. I'm not too sure what happened, but it turns out that Larry almost fell off a cliff or something. I don't even know how to wrap up this paragraph with that because it's so O_O.

When we reached the beach, nobody had service, so we were stranded there for about 2 hours. I guess I wouldn't really call it being stranded, because it was actually really nice. I got to really reflect on our trip, and it really seemed like we could write/film a story/movie about this. It was so sentimental too! Victor, Timmy, John, Clare, and I were all sitting in a row on the sand watching the sunset, and you could totally see the movie screen fade to black and everything.

Anyways, I definitely think that this trip was awesome. If we ever had to do it again, though, I am buying a mule to carry me there.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaa. Go mules? =P That is pretty crazy, I must say...30 milesss. DD: Way to go! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mules suck. Get a unicorn.

    ReplyDelete