Saturday, October 3, 2009

10/3/09

I think whenever I get involved with professional sports/sports team, the team I root for ends up losing. Examples:

Elementary school: 49ers vs Raiders
My family freaking had a Superbowl party, and we all wore black and grey. The Raiders lost. But the commercials were good. But, come to think of it, I didn't root for the commercials. Only the team.

Middle School: Steelers vs Seahawks
I rooted for the Seahawks. By then nobody in my family watched the Superbowl anymore, and there I was, sitting on the hardwood floor working on my DNA project for 7th grade science, watching the Steelers beat the crap out of the Seahawks. It was a lovely moment.

High School: USC vs. Cal
So today, I dressed up in blue (I didn't have a Cal shirt :( ) and headed off to floatbuilding, and argued with multiple people about how Tommy the Trojan was going to get his head bitten off by the Cal bear (figuratively). I even recorded the game! But after watching 2 quarters, I was so depressed by the score that I ended up looking up the score online. (The bears lost) Well, at least I didn't bet on the game; this one guy at floatbuilding said he bet $100 bucks (that he didn't even have) that Cal would beat USC 16-9. The score was 30-3, trojans.

I sure hope whichever college I go to doesn't have a football team, because if they do, they are in deep trouble.

1 comment:

  1. hi ashley. sorry but you are a fooooool for thinking cal could beat usc!

    i also won 10 dollars from my friend's dad for the steelers/seahawks game.

    hehe i am your opposite

    ReplyDelete