Friday, August 13, 2010

8/13/10

One last day.

One last day!

One last day?

It truly is bittersweet. I don't want to do the whole "I grew up so much, but let me whine about leaving in my blog so other people can sympathize with me and acknowledge my growth as a person, therefore acknowledging me and my existence" thing.

My favorite author, John Green, said in his vlog thing:

"College is a place where you are no longer a child, but you don't have to do the annoying adult stuff, like cleaning your toilet. But this in-between space gives you, for the first time in your life, time, to do things that you want to do."

Essentially, that is what I want: Time, so I can actually take classes that I want to take (and then possibly blow them off for, ohhhh, I don't know, a nap?). I am excited about becoming a faux-adult, but am petrified at the fact that I will no longer be treated like a child. My comfort cotton baby blanket is being ripped away from me to be replaced by polyester. poopie.

I am closing the book on my childhood and turning a new page in another book. (Speaking of books, I just thought of a quote that was from the beginning of a book but i forgot what book it was called, "I am the loser in the game of life." interesting.)

Yay?

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment