Thursday, August 19, 2010

8/19/10

Well, it has been approximately 4 days of college.

Actually, it hasn't even been college! It has been welcome week!!!

I have had a good time:

-meeting new people and then promptly forgetting their names
-playing ridiculous icebreakers
-sweating it out in this freaking heat
-living 24/7 in a public space

As welcome week is winding down, I am winding up (doesn't make sense but I am trying to make a pun here, humor me) for the start of academics! We had our Academic day of welcome week today, and while everyone complained about listening to boring speeches of how awesome humanities and social sciences were, I was already PSYCHed (also another pun, as I will be majoring in psychology) because I was in a freaking lecture hall in the presence of professors who are just SO INCREDIBLY SMART and are ready to impart that knowledge to me!!!! On the downside, I had to spend money to buy textbooks, so boo for that.

I'm sure that I will not be excited about class once it actually starts, but it's ok!!! I don't think I have ever been excited for school because I would be able to learn...

Carnegie Mellon is definitely where I am supposed to be.

1 comment: