Sunday, June 27, 2010

6/27/10

I officially have 3 more days left until I leave...

For Mexico, that is.

I guess I am somewhat excited, but I also have a sense of bittersweet feelings that are mixed in there. I mean, I am given approximately two months of summer to spend my last days in California before I head off to Pittsburgh. However, half of that will be spent in a city where I cannot do multiple things, such as:

-speak the language (anymore)
-eat the food (to some extent)
-swim in the ocean that is right next to where I will be staying
-bond with friends that I kind of just got to know well only a couple of months ago
-hang out with the famry
-sit on my assets all day and watch movies/tv marathons

As sucky as I guess that all sounds, I can't say that I'm totally hating the idea of going to Mexico. I can still remember the nights where I could feel God's presence on the camp, and listen to testimonies that were both surprising and inspiring. I saw both miracles take place and memories form right before my eyes (wrestling anyone? I am surprised that nobody was seriously injured), and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me/chris/timmy.

Adios, amigos y amigas. I will see you soon! And by you I mean the remaining handful of people that actually read this. And by soon, I mean Sonoma (John and Clare, hello!)

2 comments: